The Professional Development Committee of the SUNY-ESF Graduate Student Association aims to provide opportunities that facilitate the graduate school process and the transition of graduate students into future careers. We will address the various needs of beginning, intermediate, advanced, and graduating students to help them develop the necessary skills to succeed as future leaders, researchers, educators, professionals in various fields.
1) Educate graduate student population on the resources, rights, and responsibilities of graduate school at ESF and the opportunities beyond graduation.
2) Organize events (panels, workshops, etc.) that serve the professional interests of the graduate student body.
3) Determine where professional development services and information are on campus & assemble these resources for the students.
4) Maintain a working relationship with the Office of Instruction and Graduate Studies (OIGS) and other key collaborators.
5) Assist the Research Committee in preparation of the graduate student portion of the Spotlight on Student Research event.